About the Inn


bath tub kitchen counter
patio seating at Captain Wohlt green bed


make reservationsThe Captain Wohlt Inn, Hermann’s Premier Historic Inn, is located in the heart of the historic district.  It is an easy walk to the shops, antiques, restaurants, Hermanoff Winery & The Tin Mill Brewery.  All of our buildings were built in the 1800’s, and three of the four are listed with the National Historic Registry.

On the main property you’ll find a well manicured lawn and garden area  available to all guests.  The grounds include multiple seating areas with a butterfly & bird garden, pergola, patio, BB-Q grill, outdoor lawn games, and two fire pits.  It is the perfect place to relax unwind and enjoy a glass of wine.

The Captain’s Home is a charming three-story frame house built in 1886. It offers adult guests five guestrooms, each with a private bath. They range from cozy attic rooms with double beds and shower baths to spacious rooms with queen beds and full baths. The Sweetheart room is wheelchair-accessible.  All of our guests gather in the dining room of The Captain’s Home for a gourmet breakfast prepared fresh each morning in our kitchen.

The Captain's Neighbor, located directly across the street, offers adult guests three suites and one guestroom.  In the spacious common room our guests are encouraged to socialize, watch TV & videos, or hold small business meetings. The Captain’s Neighbor is also perfect for a large group to rent just for themselves.

Three deluxe suites are located in two brick buildings, built circa 1840 by original settlers of Hermann. Each has a private entrance, consists of a gracious bedroom, sitting area, full bath, and kitchenette.   Deluxe suites include other features such as a private deck, courtyard, and two person  whirlpool bath.  Visit The Suites page for specific room features and policies.  For family or friends staying together, the Peters and Poeschel Suites can be opened to provide a full house.

Private parking is available in our parking lots off Hollyhock Alley (adjacent to the Inn), or behind the Captain's Neighbor.  For guests arriving on the Katy Trail, locked bike storage is available.

Dr. Harry and and Mrs. Lee Sammons were the original owners of the Captain Wohlt Inn which they opened in 1987. 
Mat and Kent Wilkins purchased the Inn in 2001.  After Mat’s passing in 2009, Kent ran the Inn until 2012 when their son Brant took over as General Manager.  Kent will remain as the resident Innkeeper with her trusty sidekick dogs Shadow and Sunshine.
Captain Wohlt's Inn  |  123 East Third Street     Hermann, Missouri 65041  |    (573) 486-3357     |     info@captainwohltinn.com